The butler’s pantry served as both a staging area for events taking place in the social spaces of the home as well as a storage area for the family’s fine china pieces. It was the headquarters for entertaining. This reimagined space by architect John Conrad Mauer in 1912, connects the dining room, kitchen, and breakfast room. The aesthetic of this space is markedly different from the public spaces of the home evidenced by the functional elements of easy to clean tile walls and floors, a clock on the wall, and built-ins used for serving. All members of the household staff utilized this workspace, not only a butler.